Trouble starting 1992 Saturn

Old 08-20-05, 10:58 AM
T
Tracy2
Visiting Guest
Trouble starting 1992 Saturn

If I drive my 1992 Saturn for 20 minutes or longer when I shut it off and try to restart, it is extremely difficult and runs really rough. I've changed the plugs and wires, fuel pump, and air filter. Anyone have a clue what could be the problem? I
have been thinking along the lines of o2 sensor or thermostat. Could either of these two things cause a problem like this. Oh yeah, the car cranks perfectly it just won't fire. Any help would be gratly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-05, 11:22 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sounds more like a coil problem (spark)
Sometimes when the coil goes bad, it works fine cold
When it heats up it causes a no-start
What model and engine do you have?

Old 08-22-05, 04:45 AM
Group Moderator
Received 44 Votes on 36 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to scan for codes, too, just in case. Had a temp sensor go bad on my wrecker not too long ago with similar symptoms. We played with ignition stuff for a couple of hours before (duh!) checking codes and finding one for the temp sensor.

Old 08-22-05, 11:53 AM
D
I had similar problem like yours for my Honda Accord. I found the problem from www.2carpros.com and it is due to main relay failure. After changing it, it was fixed. You may found your answer from there. Good Luck!

Old 08-23-05, 07:39 PM
S
saving you money on o2

cars don't read o2 sensors on start up, the sensor is not hot enough to work

check the fuel pressure regulator it could be on its way out, another shabby gm designed product.

doubt its the relay, i can't recall if saturns have fuel rail purge solenoids for hot starts, someone refresh my memory

not a thermostat if you are not over heating. if the temp sensor is bad the ecu won't know it needs to do a hot start, but i doubt its that to.