Did Everything And Still Dies

Old 08-20-05, 08:13 PM
Angry Did Everything And Still Dies

ok i posted some time back about my grand am dieing , and those things worked for a little time but now it acts like its out of gas ans stalls and putts and sometimes it just stops instant . i know my power steering pump is going and i was woundering could that stop the engine just like that?

No codes in the computer

ANYTHING WOULD HELP I NEED THIS CAR BECAUSE IS WAY TO MUCH TO DRIVE MY ASTRO

i've replaced:
Sparks Plugs and Wires
Air Filter
Oil And Oil Filter
Trans Oil And Filter
Fuel Pump And Filter
O2 Sensor

THANKS

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-05, 09:44 PM
here is a link to one of your other threads about the same problem you should really try to keep them all together till this problem is solved.
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=227129
hmmm. so p/s pump is on its way out, transmission fluid is brown and burnt,you pulled the new plugs and had oil on one of them, your new air filter is covered in oil,you may or may not have a cracked flywheel who knows for sure.
replacing the car would probably be the most cost effective way of solving this problem.

Old 08-21-05, 05:34 AM
Originally Posted by bejay
here is a link to one of your other threads about the same problem you should really try to keep them all together till this problem is solved.
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=227129
hmmm. so p/s pump is on its way out, transmission fluid is brown and burnt,you pulled the new plugs and had oil on one of them, your new air filter is covered in oil,you may or may not have a cracked flywheel who knows for sure.
replacing the car would probably be the most cost effective way of solving this problem.

I've Fixed All That, it was the PVC thing that was letting oil into the cleaner, and the sparks are clean now, i did another changed on the trans oil and now its staying red, guy at napa said it prolli was from sitting a year

Old 08-26-05, 03:33 AM
lesron
Visiting Guest
worth a try

I once had an old Ford it drove well sometimes for miles and then just spluttered and stopped. It would not start again for several minutes and then it would die out in the same way I tried eveything without success and then one day a wise old auto electrics guru told me to change the ignition coil.Problem solved.
Good Luck

Old 08-26-05, 04:47 AM
Group Moderator
Ignition modules, if you have one, are also known to act like that when they warm up if they are going bad. Coil a definite possibility. PS pump a possibility, but if it was going to the point of seizing up it would likely do that permanently and not come and go. You need to check for spark the next time it craps out while it is still hot. Pull a plug wire and insert something metallic, i.e. a screwdriver, and hold near ground while someone cranks it. Looks for a nice bright blue spark to jump aggressively to ground. Even if you see a spark, could still be the coil. Sometimes when they go they get weak first and you will still get a spark to jump, but it will appear yellowish and not jump as aggressively tro ground.

Old 08-26-05, 05:39 AM
Thanks but the engine R.I.P now because i got pissed and got it to stay running and put the petal to the floor and the pistion rod shot though the block. But now im putting a different motor. alot of people told me those motors have a bad rep for high miles

Old 08-26-05, 09:44 AM
I don't know if that was the smartest thing to do, but I bet it felt damn good!

Old 08-26-05, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by jimmee
I don't know if that was the smartest thing to do, but I bet it felt damn good!
ya it wasnt very smart but i figured i was going to have to replace the motor, but hell yea it felt good...lol

Old 08-26-05, 02:56 PM
Group Moderator
Hopefully the problem was engine-specific and won't migrate to the replacement with any swapped over parts.......

Old 08-26-05, 11:30 PM
ya i hope it was just the block, and nothing else that i took off the engine for parts