Brake rotors

Old 08-22-05, 02:55 PM
Brake rotors

Is there any "trick" to taking the rotors off the front wheels of a 1989 Ford Probe?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-05, 10:58 AM
do those rotors have 2 holes for screws, because you can just drive screws in them, or else get a nice heavy hammer and beat them off expecting that you are replacing rotors, otherwise if you are one of those people who re-uses rotors, put penetrating oil around the hub, then use a really fat put and keep hitting around the rotor by the hub to get it loose

Old 08-23-05, 07:53 PM
Yes, there is two screw holes in the rotors however there is also two screws in them that are stripped(I bought the car froma do it yourselfer). I was wondering if those screws had to come out or not.

Old 08-23-05, 07:59 PM
no the screws do nothing for holding the rotor on, they are very helpful forgetting the rotor off.

looks like you are going to have to beat it off. are you trying to save the rotors

Old 08-24-05, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by shottys
no the screws do nothing for holding the rotor on, they are very helpful forgetting the rotor off.

looks like you are going to have to beat it off. are you trying to save the rotors

i may have miss lead here because something slipped my mind, if the screw holes have a notched out area so a bolts head can be recessed then they are holding the rotor on, other wise if there is no space to recess a fairly big head, the screws do nothing

this is usually seen on import stuff, but the probe is a weird car and a mistake that didn't last long so i am not sure what it has

Old 08-25-05, 11:37 AM
Yes sir, you don't have to tell me what a weird car the Probe is but I am off to my garage with a hammer in hand. Stay tuned for updates
Thanx for the helpful advice.