Locking or Non-locking Transmission?

Old 08-23-05, 09:40 AM
jbermudez
Visiting Guest
Question Locking or Non-locking Transmission?

Hi all, I'm new in this message board, the reason I am writing is to find out information about my car so I can get it fixed.

I have a 93 Nissan Altima SE, 4dr Sedan, 2.4L, and is automatic.
I would like to find out if my transmission has a locking or non-locking differential????

I need to buy a transmission but I need that piece of information. I have my car VIN number. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-23-05, 11:09 AM
P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbermudez
Hi all, I'm new in this message board, the reason I am writing is to find out information about my car so I can get it fixed.

I have a 93 Nissan Altima SE, 4dr Sedan, 2.4L, and is automatic.
I would like to find out if my transmission has a locking or non-locking differential????

I need to buy a transmission but I need that piece of information. I have my car VIN number. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The chances are it is non-locking. But to know for sure, you will need to have someone actually inspect the unit. One possibility is that a locking axle was not offered for that car (likely), so if you should see if you can verify that with the dealer.

Old 08-23-05, 12:12 PM
S
some one want to fill me in what he means by locking, i can gurantee you that the differential is most likely a non locking diff in that tranny maybe limited slip at most.

the dealer will know if you call the parts dept and give them the vin

Old 08-23-05, 12:42 PM
K
I believe jbermudez means to ask if the Nissan has a locking torque converter.

Old 08-23-05, 02:11 PM
trinity082482
Visiting Guest
You must really love your car to buy a new transmition. Why not get a different car?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: