Replacing rear vent glass

Old 08-23-05, 05:25 PM
wanilkumar
Visiting Guest
Smile Replacing rear vent glass

Somebody broke into my car through the rear vent glass. When I checked for quotes, most of them quoted at least $200. Instead I thought of doing it myself. I have just completed fixing my nissan altima's broken rear vent glass. Bought the glass from www.qaparts.com @ $50 after some negotiation. Removing the screw on the glass separator on the top really gave me a good start. The screw is hidden, you need to lift the rubber to access it. But I had lot of trouble pushing the glass inside, so I ended up unscrewing the screw in the cup and removed the casing that holds the power window button. Then just pulled the notch at the bottom of the casing and in one shot the whole door casing will be in your hands. I was able to access the bottom screw in just matter of minutes. After removing the bottom screw, pushing the glass was just matter of minutes. I have saved atleast 150 dollars. You may do it yourself at ur risk!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-05, 04:51 AM
Group Moderator
Had to do that about 10 years ago on the Corolla we had and was pleasantly surprised at the ease of the job. Also glad the scumbag who did it picked the easiest/cheapest window to replace.