oil leak 89 sentra 4 cyl ac 5 speed

Old 08-24-05, 01:44 PM
oil leak 89 sentra 4 cyl ac 5 speed

hello

I have a leak in the area of the belts and pulleys that is quite bad. Oil is dripping and spraying all around that area, got under there but could not isolate the exact spot. Is it the mail seal to the crank shaft or what. The oil pan is so close that we cannot see between that and the main pulley. What else could it be down there. I am quite sure it is not the head. Is this a hard job DIY.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-05, 01:52 PM
probably is the the crankshaft seal, sorry i can't see the leak to tell you where it is coming from. You will need a pulley puller to get to the seal and if you aren't able to do a timing belt then i would advise you to not do it

Old 08-24-05, 07:32 PM
Group Moderator
Another possibility is the camsahft seal where the cam exits the head on that end (behind the upper - camshaft - timing gear). Not sure about your car, but some Toyotas also mount the oil pump in that area and they are known to leak (after a LOT of miles). As Shottys notes, if you are comfortable doing a timing belt, the potential oil leak repairs in this area should be DIY for you.