corvette magnetic fluid dampers

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-05, 05:25 PM
corvette magnetic fluid dampers

I was talking with one of the engineers that helped designed this and didn't have much time to finish the conversation, i will see him next again tomorrow. But does anyone know if you completely loose the electrical power in the car driving it like it was ment to be with the new fluid electric dampeners. And you are takeing a turn say at 140ish maybe more in the car. If basically you should start regretting your sins and begin praying. in test he said the car handle like a 1960 cadillac but i can bet that those tests weren't at 140mph trying to make track record runs.

looking if some corvette junky knows if the system has a back up capacitor for power much like an air bag module. I will find out tomorrow for sure he i get no responses.

quick info the system works off theory of controling flow of a fluid through a valve kinda in a nut shell. Its much more indepth than that obviously

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-05, 07:35 PM
Actually what will happen is the car will tell you not to exceed 80mph or service ride control or shocks inoperative if you have a failure.The Magneto-Rheological Real Time Dampening system is just fluid with tiny little iron balls in it that can be energized magnetically to change the fluid viscosity in a very short amount of time.The viscosity change causes different flow through the valves in the shock or strut.The changes occur in milliseconds so you can relate to the speed of the change.That's about all of the time I wish to waste on this question.I hope it answers your question.Oh it defaults to a tour ride suspension so the 1960 Cadillac analogy your associate described is innaccurate.It doesn't have a back up either because this is a performance system not a safety system like an airbag.By the way if you have an electrical failure in an air bag system prior to an accident it will not deploy.

Old 08-25-05, 07:46 PM
Sounds like you don't know much about these your kinda right and kinda wrong. From the point of a person who reads published info your correct for the most part, but there is way way way more that you wouldn't understand unless you can do very very very complex math. There is way more than what is not published. Good thing you know how something works that took quite a while for the small team of engineers that pulled this off, you should be designing things

I can see you also can't read. The question is the car is on the track at high speeds and it has a total power failure while on a turn. with out dampers that can be fatal especially since the red and white blocks on the turns are actually bumps.

so can you run your mouth some more so i can keep making you look stupid

Old 08-25-05, 07:54 PM
The more and more you run your mouth the harder and harder i will tear into you. if there is one thing i am good at is tearing down conceited people

Old 08-25-05, 07:55 PM
Derogatory remarks will not be tolerated.Please abide by the forum rules.

Closed Thread