96' hyuandai starting problem

Old 08-28-05, 08:09 AM
sniper3270
Visiting Guest
96' hyuandai starting problem

I have 96 hyuandai elantra 1.8 liter the car started cranking slow about a week ago but cranked and know it won't crank at all battery is brand new it test fine cleaned cables and even grounds to the body had altanator and starter checked they tested fine fuse is not blowed i still think it's in the starter i need some other opinons if anybody could help me thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-05, 09:36 AM
Try jump starting the car. If it starts fine doing that, you'll know it's not the starter and the battery is not feeding enough juice to the starter for some reason, bad cables or alternator not charging, or something is draining the battery if the problem exists only after the car sits a while.

Old 08-28-05, 09:50 AM
sniper3270
Visiting Guest
starting problem

tryed jumping yesterday nothing took the starter back off this morning feild test it it's fine the parts store said it was fine to altanator is charging fine i had that checked to and it is a brand new battery the starter works fine in the test but won't work when i put it back in the car it could be the cables i just don't know

Old 08-28-05, 09:39 PM
Hopefully is a bad cable. If not a battery, starter, alternator or cable/connection problem, it could be something mechanical with the engine causing a resistance to it turning. Replacing the cables would be the next thing to try. Also turn on the headlights to see if they are bright. If not, the battery might not be charged. Good luck!

Old 08-31-05, 04:20 PM
sniper3270
Visiting Guest
96' starting problem

tryed every thing cables starter altenator battery all still good new iginition grounds still nothingturn the switch nothing is there something i'm missing iv'e checked fuses i hit the switch nothing not even a click but battery is good and fully charged will not jump off i'm lost anything else i should try???????

Old 08-31-05, 05:09 PM
I assume you have rechecked the starter fuse. If you have a voltage meter, check to see if you're getting voltage to the starter with the key in the start position and check the starter relay if you have one. Make sure the cable connections around the battery are tight and clean where they contact the terminals. Have you seen any light green corrosion anywhere when you cleaned the cables? If so, the corrosion may have made it down inside the cables where you can't see it and is causing the problem.

Search this Thread