1997 Ford Tbird A/C Repair, HELP!!

Old 08-31-05, 09:19 PM
markhou80
Visiting Guest
1997 Ford Tbird A/C Repair, HELP!!

ok i have had many things happen to my car and i have been able to repair those things through using info on the web. now my new problem is my a/c. there is a huge leak. I used a freon that had a dye in it. and it is all over this one hose. I went to autozone and showed them the part which is the liquid line. i was wanting to know if this is something i can replace myself. so far i have replaced a quarter window on my car and i have also replaced the electrical mirror so i am really go at figuring things out just need some direction.

Also whole different story, a friend of my needs to get his a/c charged but can not locate the location to fill it. i can see mine fine on my car but cant find his. it is a 1995 grand prix.

thanks a bunch.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-05, 03:10 AM
whokares2
Visiting Guest
I've had a lot of luck repairing and recharging a/c systems at home but you should know the particlulars. You need a vaccum pump to get the mositure out of the system after the hose has been repaired. You also need a pair of manifold gauges to recharge the system. My local Walmart is at this time selling R-134 for about 10.00 a can, you'll need 3-4 . As you can see the cost is adding up!
The ports on the Gran Prix are probably on the compressor itself where the lines are attached.
All the tools you need can be purchased from a Harbor Freight for about 75.00. They have a vaccum pump that works off an air compressor that works good, but you need at least a 20 gal. tank to hold the vaccum for 10-20 min. to get all the moisture out.
To make this investment pay off you need to use the tools several times.