Fuel Pump Going Out I Thing...

Old 09-06-05, 08:27 AM
Fuel Pump Going Out I Thing...

ok i was i thinking the my fuel pump was going out because when i lightly push the gas it doesnt take off right away but someimes when i hammer it, it takes off right away, could it be the fuel pump or something else.

i've changed the spark plugs and wires, new fuel filter

Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-05, 12:41 PM
check the egr valve by removing the vacum line and driving the vehicle if it now runs ok you should replace the egr with a a/c delco part.
weak fuel pumps are always more noticable under heavy load so if it runs ok when you are heavy on the throttle it is probably not a fuel pump related problem.

Old 09-06-05, 01:20 PM
is that behide the value cover

Old 09-06-05, 01:59 PM
yes it is inbetween valve cover and throttle body, bolted to the intake with a couple of bolts.

Old 09-06-05, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by bejay
yes it is inbetween valve cover and throttle body, bolted to the intake with a couple of bolts.

ok thank you , im doing that right now and i tell you how it works after i get off work, im a driver for pizza hut, so ya i hope thats the only thing wrong

Old 09-06-05, 08:10 PM
check the egr valve by removing the vacum line and driving the vehicle if it now runs ok you should replace the egr with a a/c delco part.
weak fuel pumps are always more noticable under heavy load so if it runs ok when you are heavy on the throttle it is probably not a fuel pump related problem.
yup thats was it, whats does that do anyways

Old 09-07-05, 02:44 AM
it recirculates exhuast gas back into the engine to be burned again it only operates at light throttle or cruising speeds it helps gas mileaage slightly and allows the computer to advance the timing a little more, leaving it disconnected will cause a check engine light and could cause spark knock recomend replacing with an a/c delco egr valve as the aftermarket ones are junk.

Old 09-07-05, 05:21 AM
ok thanks just went and took the old one off my parts car

Old 09-07-05, 05:22 PM
it recirculates exhuast gas back into the engine to be burned again it only operates at light throttle or cruising speeds it helps gas mileaage slightly and allows the computer to advance the timing a little more, leaving it disconnected will cause a check engine light and could cause spark knock recomend replacing with an a/c delco egr valve as the aftermarket ones are junk.

ok i got brand new one for $130 and put it on and the car only does it when its cold, bearly does it after been driving for some time

is there anyway to test the egr value to see if it is working or not

Old 09-08-05, 03:30 AM
no real way to check the amount of egr flow about all you can do is see if the diaghram is moving when throttle is opened up.
check the number stamped on the new egr to see if it matches the old one also might check with dealer to see if it has been updated to a different part number.

Old 09-08-05, 05:06 AM
ok thanks for all the help

Old 09-09-05, 09:17 AM
ok i got it replaced but now it only does it when has warm up or been drove for sometime, but when you first start it when its cold but when it warms up to 195 thats when it doesnt take off without hammering it

Old 09-19-05, 06:32 AM
anyone else know what it could be