hissing brake pedal

Old 09-06-05, 11:44 AM
heenyrico
Visiting Guest
hissing brake pedal

today, my check engine light came on. 1996 chevy blazer stills runs good. when parkin, i depressed the brake pedal and a hissing sound occurred with concurrent short rise in rpm's. vaccuum leak? any help appreciated. rich

Old 09-06-05, 11:46 AM
heenyrico
Visiting Guest
[QUOTE=heenyrico]today, my check engine light came on. 1996 chevy blazer s10 stills runs very good. when parking, i depressed the brake pedal and a hissing sound occurred with concurrent short rise in rpm's. vaccuum leak? any help much appreciated. thanks

Old 09-06-05, 12:44 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
sounds like a leaking brake booster.

Old 09-06-05, 07:04 PM
DNT1
Visiting Guest
classic brake booster problem the seal on the brake booster is leaking it will get a lot worse eventually you will loose enough vacuum that the engine will die when idling and you push the pedal down a bit I would go ahead and change it out before it gets that bad.These are a challenge to change out I have put two on my 97 chevy truck 276k the last one just a few months ago. A good knuckle joint for your long extension is a must along with a air ratchet of course. Oh and be sure to use some duct tape to seal the top edge of the carpet cause the stupid nuts will fall behind the carpet edge into never to be found again land LOL

Old 09-07-05, 05:37 AM
heenyrico
Visiting Guest
thank soooo very much. now i need to price the part and see if it is worth doing by myself. again thank you very much.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: