Clock light burned out!

Old 09-07-05, 10:16 PM
Question Clock light burned out!

Help!
The lamp behind the digital clock on my dash has burned out, and I can't see the time at night. It is a 1998 Ford Contour. Next to the clock is the H and M buttons, and a flashing security light. All are on an oval panel that is flush with the dash. Can this panel be pried out for access, or is there a better way?
Thanks!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-05, 11:55 AM
Still need help with this...
Need to stop the nagging from my wife about the clock!

Old 09-12-05, 06:06 PM
If it's the type of panel with 2 small holes in each side, you'll need a set of din removal keys. They are in the shape of a U available most anywhere that sells car stereo's including walmart. Put the keys in both sides until you feel them lock on some latches. Push both keys outward while pulling out the panel. Here is a pic: http://www.cardomain.com/item/SCODT1

Old 09-13-05, 08:39 PM
Nope. I know the holes you refer to, but there are none on this clock. Guess I'll just get a screwdriver and try prying it ut.
Thanks

Old 09-13-05, 08:59 PM
A haynes manual might give instructions. You could try that before risking breaking something. Or try and find a forum for just contour's. You might get the answer you need there.

Old 09-14-05, 05:26 PM
Thanks Jeff!
Your DIN tool idea was right on!
Turns out it was easy. There WERE two holes hidden above the clock face such that you had to be below the clock to see them. They were slightly closer together than the DIN holes, but I used one of the tools by squeezing it tighter and sure enough, I could pull the entire assembly from the dash. Now I need the bulb, which is a strange one for sure. Hopefully the Ford dealer has them.
Thanks