97 Chevy PU airbag light

Old 09-13-05, 08:06 PM
DNT1
Visiting Guest
97 Chevy PU airbag light

Replaced transmission shifter cable from steering column to auto trans on my truck (drivers seat and carpet has to be removed as the cable snakes under the seat) now the airbag light is on and it was never on before. I checked all wiring connections under the dash and under the drivers side seat (module is under the carpet and yes right where the cable snakes thru) unhooked the battery all with no positive results. Any Ideas what to check next?? It is hard to believe it is a coincidence I must have jarred something loose but it is a real hassle to pull the seat and carpet back out to expose the module (already did this once all connections looked good)

Old 09-14-05, 07:44 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If everything looked fine after you double checked it, I would suggest taking it in and have a tech put a scan tool on it to pull the DTC. The air bag system is something you don't really want to mess with. As a tech, I have seen a few air bags deploy unintentionally, injuring the tech working on the car. If you continue to look for the problem, first disable the air bags by pulling the SIR fuse from the fuse block.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: