Roofliner Repair/Replacement for VW

Old 09-15-05, 06:20 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Roofliner Repair/Replacement for VW

I have a VW Passat and the interior roofliner has come lose and is sagging. Is there a replacement kit or a repair product available to fix this?

Old 09-15-05, 09:06 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
There's not usually a lot you can do. Once the headliner starts to sag it stretches the material so that even if you remove the assembly and flip it over to reattach it, you will have more material tahn places to put it. If you don't mind the pincushion look, they make little barbed plastic fasteners that you can push up through the material and into the backer to keep it up.

Check with shops that do that sort of work; it may not be as expensive as you think to have it professionally redone.

Old 09-16-05, 05:51 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Depending on the car, it takes about three hours of work and $40 in materials to do this job. I've seen this material sold in Minnesots Fabrics. I'm sure other popular fabric stores stock it also. Use is 3M SuperTrim adhesive spray to attach the new lining.

If you can remove the headliner out of the car intact, you can do the job yourself. Start with disassembly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: