Relay location

Old 09-16-05, 10:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Relay location

Hello,

Does anyone know the location of the fuel pump relay on a 1993 pontiac grand am with a 3.3 liter engine? I am going to be helping my neighbor fix her car, and from her description, it sounds like the relay might be sticking. Sometimes the car won't start, but she says she can't hear the pump come on when she turns the key on. She keeps working the key on and off until she hears the pump, and then the car will start and run normally.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-05, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by cheese
Hello,

Does anyone know the location of the fuel pump relay on a 1993 pontiac grand am with a 3.3 liter engine? I am going to be helping my neighbor fix her car, and from her description, it sounds like the relay might be sticking. Sometimes the car won't start, but she says she can't hear the pump come on when she turns the key on. She keeps working the key on and off until she hears the pump, and then the car will start and run normally.
that relay is under the hood on the firewall, should be in the center, theres about 5 or 6 relays. it could be the pump itself, my 88 grand am used to do that, the pump worked when it felt like it. well hope this helps

Old 09-17-05, 12:13 PM
jpotts461
Visiting Guest
go to Autozone.com put in year and model and go to repair guides and it should show location and testing proceedures. They also have lots of pictures. Relays are a place to start but most times it is the pump.

Search this Thread