What is it called?

Old 09-18-05, 03:01 PM
kgarcha
Visiting Guest
Unhappy What is it called?

I could use some serious help, i have spent over $1,000 on my 98' malibu, yesterday my alternator and my battery were shot so i had to get it replaced at monroes for $450.
now i have another problem, my taillight bulbs have been getting burnt out. there is something wrong with the socket assembly unit thing cause i have been getting cheap bulbs from walmart and replacing them myself. but yesterday the guy at monroe muffler said i need to get the unit replaced(cause it burns the wiring ont he bulbs and i think its getting rusted) . i could probably replace the small unit myself. but i dont even know what its called (its not the tail light assembly) have been googling all possible words for this thing ..----can someone please tell me what is that unit called, which contains the sockets for the light bulbs???? that fits inside the taillight assembly. and where i can find it cause i couldnt find anything that looks like what this is in any online autopart dealors, and autozone and autoparts dont have it................thanx

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-05, 04:42 PM
socket assy

I think you might mean the socket assy were the bulb plugs into I do believe it to be a dealer item and comes as part of another assy called the wire harrnessfor the tail lights.

Old 09-18-05, 06:27 PM
They are called taillamp circuit boards, and as stated, are a dealer item. They are prone to getting moisture in them, which takes it's toll.

Old 09-18-05, 07:09 PM
there you go

Tail light circut board why cars need them now days I will never know more complex then they need to be I think.

Old 09-18-05, 07:28 PM
I agree 100% Mike.

Old 09-18-05, 09:13 PM
kgarcha
Visiting Guest
Red face thanx guys

Thanx guys, i was playing with the tail light, i actually wanted to see the mechanism of how it comes off, well i think the wiring is loose cause after i played with it part of the panel came back on again ie the brake and reverse light, but the turn light was still off. so i got myself a file and filed the socket's connector(cause i read somewhere that they rust ) ; i guess i was just hopeing the connectors would meet, and they did!!! (when u are in college and u are cheap u try everything i guess) so i think i got a temporary solution but i really appreciate u guys replying to my thread. after my next pay check i will be going to the dealor, atleast i know what i have to get .... maybe i will ask u guys for help again on how to take that piece out and replace it

Search this Thread