2003 Gmc Sierra 2500hd

Old 09-20-05, 12:52 PM
BILLCHA44
Visiting Guest
2003 Gmc Sierra 2500hd

i NEED TO FIND THE DIRECTIONS AS TO INSTALLING THE CABIN AIR FILTER IN MY TRUCK, ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. by the way my dealer said according to my vin it has one, but when I looked for the supposedly screws under the dash in the heater case I could not find them, I have heard several people say they have had to *cut* a piece out to fit it in. Could the dealer be wrong as to this truck not having one?
I paid over 50 bucks for it and I just want any info.
I also had to replace the blower motor and figured while I did that I would change the filter.

By the way the truck is a diesel if that matters.

Thanx

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-05, 09:34 PM
Here is what I found at work today:

03 - 05 Chevrolet/GMC/Cadillac Full Size Pickups/Utilities and Hummer H2 Passenger Compartment Air Filter

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in the PI.

Condition/Concern:
A customer may inquire about the availability of the passenger compartment air filter.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Starting in 2003 model year, the passenger compartment air filter is no longer available as a factory option. With the redesigned HVAC case, there is no longer a cavity for the filter. The GM parts catalog indicates there is a replacement filter available; however, there is no provision for it.