Tension Pulley Location on '99 F-250?

Old 09-25-05, 06:37 AM
wranglermama
Visiting Guest
Tension Pulley Location on '99 F-250?

I'm replacing a/c compressor on '99 Ford F-250 4x4 4 door 7.3 ltr. powerstroke. Can anyone tell me how to locate the tension pulley for the serpentine belt? Any help is appreciated.
Wranglermama

OK, sorry guys-stupid question, I located the tension pulley...duh...looked at the diagram posted on the truck itself...but, I need to make sure that I release the tensioner correctly.....do I unbolt the actually pulleys themselves or does the whole assembly need to be released? and if so....what steps do I take? Sorry if I sound stupid, I just don't want to screw up.........

Last edited by wranglermama; 09-25-05 at 06:51 AM. Reason: located tension pulley-need more info
Old 09-25-05, 12:04 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Check the arm of the tensioner.... you will find a square drive slot that will accept a 1/2" drive ratchet or breaker bar.

Old 09-26-05, 02:37 PM
wranglermama
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Thanks Jim

Thanks Jim. I saw the slot, just wasn't sure if I was correct in assuming that the whole assembly was to be rotated. The silly serpentine diagram on the pickup just says to move each pulley to the right, and that doesn't specify whether that is to re-tension the belt or to loosen tension!.....not much to go on when I've never done this before. Your help is much appreciated, and thank you for taking the time to reply!
Wranglermama

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: