Baffled by 94 Taurus problem

Old 10-05-05, 07:52 AM
joybells
Visiting Guest
Baffled by 94 Taurus problem

From time to time my car dies out when I use the power windows. Has also died using the power seats. If I can get it started long enough to get the window back up, I'm good to go. If not, it will keep dying out. We have replaced the battery. Then it didn't do it for awhile, but started again. We took it to the Ford dealer, they said it was something at the junction box & fixed that (said I'd never have to worry about it again). A few days ago I pushed the power window button & it died. I could hear a buzzing in the door. I kept playing with buttons & eventually got it started & the window up. When I got it home I left it in drive & pushed the window button & it died & would not start again. If I opened the car door the buzzing would start in the door panel (after awhile that would quit). We got it started the next day & took it back to Ford &, of course, it wouldn't do it for them. Its a 4 door 1994, 3.0 L, 6 cyl. Any ideas.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-05, 05:52 PM
bigmuffler22
Visiting Guest
[you might not have the right battery cars that have power seats and doors need a special battery one that can handle the load of all that power being drawn from it

Old 10-06-05, 08:03 AM
battery no good

check the battery , connections and charging system
if the computer doesn't get the proper voltage it will shut down.