Brakes

Old 10-09-05, 08:38 PM
65chevytruck
Visiting Guest
Question Brakes

I have a 65 chevy pick up, 350 motor bumped up to 355 horse. I am installing disk brakes on front, drum on back. I was told the I could get a 1968 corvette master cylinder for this truck and would not need a booster at all. Is this true? good pedal? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-05, 07:46 PM
badblazer73
Visiting Guest
If the master cylinder is from a MANUAL brake 'vette, then you could use it..... BUT.. The vette was a 4 wheel disc system. disc brakes require more fluid to operate than drums and this could cause excessive pressure to the rears and give you a lock up condition to the rears. You can use an adjustable brake control valve to decrease the pressure to the rears, but why not just use a master cylinder from a 69 up truck. they already had disc/drums and with the right proportioning valve will most likely give you best overall install and biased braking. And were available with manual brakes. I however would go witha power brake booster. It would stop so much nicer!!!

I have a 73 4x4 blazer with 3/4 ton axels swapped in and have 4 wheel disc brakes on it