Power steering problem

Old 10-11-05, 09:57 AM
Derek44
Visiting Guest
Power steering problem

Heres whats happening, My power steering was making a crunging noise whenever I made a turn. So, naturally I think it needs power steering fluid. I put some fluid in, and perfect. no crunging, turns are noiseless and smooth. 4-5 days go by, and it starts up again..I looked at the power steering resovoir and it was low . I thought, what the @@@@. There was nothing leaking, (No fluids in the driveway , were I park), so I put some more fluid in. And perfect again. Well 4-5 days later , brings us to the present and its acting up again..What can the problem be?? I have ruled out a leak, maybe ..Well, please help!

Old 10-11-05, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's gotta be a leak if you have to keep adding fluid. Try putting a clean piece of cardboard under that whole front side of the car to be sure. And have a good look all round the pump, the hoses (2) and the steering box.

Also, have someone turn the wheel back and forth a bit while the engine is running, and you watch the 2 rubber power steering hoses for leaks or fluid bubbling out of a small crack that you can't see. Sometimes one will develop a leak but only when you actually turn the wheel and force fluid thru it under pressure - happened to me and drove me nuts for a day or two til I found it.

Old 12-31-05, 02:03 PM
wajag8
Visiting Guest
power sreering problem

i have a nissan sunny car and i have problem with the power steering. it leaks is oil seriously, what can i do to solve the problem. some time ago my mech tried to block the valve but to no success. ps help.
wajag8

Old 01-02-06, 10:23 AM
BuzzCut
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by wajag8
i have a nissan sunny car and i have problem with the power steering. it leaks is oil seriously, what can i do to solve the problem. some time ago my mech tried to block the valve but to no success. ps help.
wajag8
Why not replace the faulty part? I don't know what kind of "mechanic" you used for the previous fix but I would take it somewhere else.

Old 01-02-06, 01:57 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you have a leak

You have a leak as much as you want to deny it ,Fluid does not evaporate do you have rack and pinion steering?if so look at the ends were the rod comes out you might have to move dust boot.As a matter of fact fluid might be inside the boot.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: