93 Crown Victoria Power windows

Old 10-13-05, 10:53 PM
jpotts461
Visiting Guest
93 Crown Victoria Power windows

I went to an auction and bought a 93 Crown Victoria two weeks ago. They were just selling them so cheap and I always wanted one. So now I need to replace a drivers power window motor. I do not see any decent access to it. Is there a trick ?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-05, 05:27 AM
Group Moderator
Don't remember the exact type motor that has, but generally once you have the inner door panel removed you basically have to work through the small openings in the steel door structure to R&R the motor. Be sure to support the window glass before you start so you don't guillotine any body parts when the motor comes free. If it's the motor I'm thinking it is, removal is by drilling out three large rivets that hold the motor to the door structure. The new motor is installed either with large rivets or you can use standard nuts (self-locking) and bolts. Just have to take care that the bolts and nuts are the proper size and don't interfer with the travel of the mechanism.

Old 10-14-05, 06:45 PM
There was an extensive post on Crown Victoria power window problems and remedies a couple of months ago but I don't know how to retrieve it, maybe you can find it.

Old 10-16-05, 10:06 PM
jpotts461
Visiting Guest
Thanks, I have been real busy so I have not even seen my computer for 3 days. I saw the repair info on the crown vic from autozone. Not very conclusive. Told me to drill 3 holes at dimples. I figured it was to remove motor. but dimples on the door panel did not line up with the motor. I might have to invest in a repair manual. It is cheap to avoid pain.

The switch is bad is I am sure of so this will be a start. But reversing polarity yields no movement or motor running. It will go down and spin and not turn to go up.

I did a search on Crown Vics but fopund no useful info.

Old 10-17-05, 08:16 AM
It's not easy to do window motors.... very frustrating. It took me four evenings to do one on a Buick LeSabre. Try the following Crown Vic Furoms:

CrownVic.net
CrownVic.us

A lot of the guys there are a bunch of hacks looking to hot rod their rides. But hopefully you can find info from members who know how to fix cars and have done this job before.