Doesn't Run Right When It's Cold

Old 10-19-05, 09:10 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Doesn't Run Right When It's Cold

OK this morning went to go start my car and it started right up but i went to put it in gear and hit the gas and died. started right back up reved it up couple of times then put it in gear again and no problem it took off but it wanted to die it didnt have any power. And When Idleing In Park The RPMs Jump Around alot from 1000 down to 700 then back up to 1200 then all over again.

Ok this is all the tuff i've changed:
Spark Plugs Bosch Plat +4
Plug Wires
Air Cleaner
M.A.P Sensor
O2 Senser
Throttle Position Sensor
Fuel Pump and Filter

Cant put it on a computer because they said its to old:91 Pontiac Grand Am LE

Anyone Have Some Ideas

Last edited by chevyastro4x4; 10-21-05 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-21-05, 08:36 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
You really need more information before throwing parts at it. It could be the throttle position sensor or a number of other items. The first thing to do is to check for trouble codes, and, if found, to determine what they mean. A scan tool, plugged into the under dash connector will tell you a lot, or use the jumper wire method on the connector. I can't remember the exact hookup, but I'll bet others on the site do.

Old 10-21-05, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by goldstar
You really need more information before throwing parts at it. It could be the throttle position sensor or a number of other items. The first thing to do is to check for trouble codes, and, if found, to determine what they mean. A scan tool, plugged into the under dash connector will tell you a lot, or use the jumper wire method on the connector. I can't remember the exact hookup, but I'll bet others on the site do.
i've replaced the throttle position sensor, no check engine light so i cant pull any codes

Old 10-21-05, 05:12 PM
Just cause there is no check eng light dosen't mean there are no codes

Old 10-21-05, 08:52 PM
we've tried to pull codes and it would come up with nothin, how do you do that thing with the paper clip

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: