91 mitsu galant

Old 10-21-05, 02:54 PM
richard austin
Visiting Guest
91 mitsu galant

my 91 galant boggs out at one and half rpm's. I've replaced plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump and still same problem. I can't get it to accept any accelorator push down past 1500 rpm's.????? Could it be a throttle pressure sensor???
Any info would help. please.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-05, 11:15 PM
Negoshe8n
Visiting Guest
If you can find a junk yard that has a pull it yourself policy you should pull a T.P.S. for much less than a full service yard or store and try that. They are a bit expensive from a local parts store and they may not let you return electronics if it turns out to not fix your problem. You may have a clogged cat. converter. After driving at night look under the car right after stoppping and see if it is glowing red. I don't how else to check that. Some one else may have better way. Some auto stores (Auto Zone) will check your car for faulty electronic codes for free also. Good luck

Old 10-22-05, 02:50 PM
richard austin
Visiting Guest
thanks, never thought of cat. conv... you know, when I put the new fuel pump in the tank, I noticed it had a small washer, spring inside the hole where the gas pumps out of, in the old pump, it was missing. I don't know if it might have came out and is in the line somewhere or what.

Last edited by richard austin; 10-23-05 at 07:07 PM.

Search this Thread