Toyotaman need advice

Old 10-26-05, 12:46 PM
Toyotaman need advice

Larry (Toyotaman) need some advice help or something CEL light on 2000 Toyota Corolla codes are as follows po300,po301,po171,
I ordered new Iridium plugs from the parts house as per manafactures part number.Could the po171 code be related to the other two?I assume the po301 code is spark plug one misfire and the po300 is multible spark misfires.
The po171 fuel system malfunction got me a little worried could it be a sensor and if so that should be a emmisions item.,car has a little over 50 thousand miles and I have heard that Toyota emmisions parts have a seperate warranty as per law.
The plan is to replace plugs this weekend I have installed a bottle of high strength fuel injector cleaner already.
Looking at the engine from the front were would the number one plug be?
Also what is the torque of the plugs?
What is the emmisions warrantey and sensors should be coverd if I need to go that route (I hope the new plugs and cleaner do the trick).
Thanks Larry for your time on this matter.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-05, 03:19 PM
Lets see, Only emission parts covered past 3/36k are the ECM and the cat For 7/80k.

#1 plug is by the drive belt.

I would check for water in the spark plug tubes. The 171 I would clean the MAF.

Scroll down for instructions on how to do http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/mainte...tenancep5.html

Old 10-26-05, 04:35 PM
good deal

Thanks Toyotaman very good link I have saved it for future use as I also have a Tacoma but I am sure info like cleaning MAF sensors applies to all Toyotas.
I will check for water in the tube when I replace plugs this weekend the earliest I can get to it since I work two jobs now The CEL light has been a on going thing it will go off by itself but come back on now it stays on so furter action is required.

Old 10-29-05, 03:42 PM
update

Today I replaced plugs and cleaned MAF sensor as required.Cleaned battery posts of corrosion thus clearing CEL.Seems to idle smoother and CEL has not come back on but only drove for a few blocks.

Old 10-31-05, 02:20 PM
thanks again Toyotaman

Well I have put quite a few miles on the Corolla since the maintenance no CEL
I have to tell you I can and my wife can tell a great amount of diffreance in the [email protected] 60 miles per hour when you step on the gas you have quick response and it idles and runs silky smooth.I would recommend a MAF sensor cleaning to all cars with any miles on them that and the new plugs make a world of diffreance.
I am going to call my kid and have him bring his Rolla over same year as mine and I am going to clean it also.
Thanks Larry.