skipping F-150

Old 10-30-05, 04:51 PM
CODY
Visiting Guest
skipping F-150

Saturday, i was going to the mountians to go hiking. When i left home my truck was running great. a few miles down the road i stopped to top off the tank. only put in about 8 gallons, when i pulled out it started skipping and i got a strong gasoline smell. if i just let it idle it runs smooth, but still has the gas smell in the cab. it only starts skipping bad when i press down harder to start off and then, worse if there is a hill. when i shift and give it the gas it is really bad. cody

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-05, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by CODY
Saturday, i was going to the mountians to go hiking. When i left home my truck was running great. a few miles down the road i stopped to top off the tank. only put in about 8 gallons, when i pulled out it started skipping and i got a strong gasoline smell. if i just let it idle it runs smooth, but still has the gas smell in the cab. it only starts skipping bad when i press down harder to start off and then, worse if there is a hill. when i shift and give it the gas it is really bad. cody
sounds like you have a leak and the pressure is to low to keep up with the engine

Old 11-03-05, 06:58 AM
andyny02
Visiting Guest
This could also be the result of getting a bad tank of gas, the smell caused by unburnt gas exiting the exhaust. Maybe try a can or 2 of drygas.