Clutch - Accord '92 2dr LX

Old 10-31-05, 01:37 PM
Clutch - Accord '92 2dr LX

My car developed these jerks when started off in the first gear. It's not caused by my bad driving skills. It is virtually impossible to start moving without a series of jerks no matter how gentle you release the clutch. It didn't happen before. The clutch is fairly new, it has been replaced less than two years ago, the whole assembly: the disk, the plate and the ball joint. The clutch doesn't slip once the car is in motion no matter what I do, and it does not do slips or jerks in any other gears AND even in the first gear if the car is moving even slightly.

It seems that humidity affects it slightly, the car seems to start off a bit more smoothly when the weather is dry. What could it be? Disk worn off? The plate damaged? Could something be done without going in and removing the gear box?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-05, 02:55 AM
Did it start after the clutch was changed?????? does that model have a clutch adjustment????????? If it has an adjustment I would try that, how many inchs is the clutch pedal from the floor when it engages????

Old 11-07-05, 09:02 AM
The clutch has been replaced about year and a half ago, and the car started without any jerks until recently. I am not sure about the clutch adjustment, what is it?

As for the pedal, I have a concern here: the car engages when the pedal is almost completely released, probably in the last inch. I should probably get it adjusted...

Old 11-08-05, 12:10 PM
Sounds like a grease seal leaking to me, either rear engine or transmission.

Old 11-09-05, 02:43 AM
Find out if it has a clutch adhustment. The clutch should be engaging when the pedal is a couple of inchs off the floor, not all the way out.