2003 Trailblazer Vortec Engine

Old 11-01-05, 07:28 PM
2003 Trailblazer Vortec Engine

Can I Change The Plugs In This 2003 Trail Blazer With The Vortec Engine Or Do I Have To Take It Back To The Dealer.i Have Changed Plugs In All Vechicles I Have Owned But Cant't See The Plugs In This Automobile. Thanks For Your Help. {wheeler}

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-05, 07:15 PM
If you cannot see the plugs, I assume you have the inline 6 clyinder 4.2L and not the 5.3L V8. You can change the plugs yourself fairly easy. But the plugs you have in there now are platinumns, which means they are good for close to 100,000 miles. The plugs are located on the top of the engine, and are recessed into the camshaft cover beneath the ducting for the air intake.

Old 11-10-05, 02:26 PM
RBlairhstn
Visiting Guest
Jack it up and pull the front tires. Look behind the rubber flap, all of the plugs are right there

Old 09-01-06, 01:15 AM
For anyone changing plugs on 4.2 I6, mine had oil sitting in some of the plug cavaties. The valve cover is a type of plastic with a rubber seal and some of the cutouts around the plug cavaties were leaking a little oil. The platinum plugs do last a good 100,000 miles. Mine had 115,00 and they didn't look much different than the new ones. I didn't notice any change after replacing them.