brake pedal low

Old 11-05-05, 03:48 PM
huntingdogdaisy
Visiting Guest
brake pedal low

1984 chrysler e class 2.2 liter brake pedal got low last couple of days put new pads on front checked back shoes 50% changed master cylinder still low I bench bleed the ms cannot find any leaks,should I blled the wheels as well . what else could it be, I do hear a whishing sound inside when I step on pedal.Please help. Thanks Cliff

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-05, 12:02 AM
Sounds like the brake booster is bad.

Old 11-06-05, 05:46 AM
andyny02
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

I would say that since you did change the master cylinder, and even though you bench bled it, that doing a bleeding on all 4 wheels couldn't hurt, since invariably even if you've bench bled the master, when you broke the lines free of the old one you did create the opportunity for some air to get into the lines. Did you change out the master because it was leaking? Brake fluid can eat away at the seal in the power brake booster, allowing vacumn to escape on brake apply. If you are still having the issue after totally bleeding the system then "Chevydrivin" was probably right on the money with the booster being bad. I replaced one on a K-car, (Aires/Reliant), which is basically the same as your car and as I recall it was under $50.00, at Auto Zone. You could check them out online at: www.autozone.com. Good Luck

Search this Thread