92 Integra Front Tire max-size?

Old 11-07-05, 05:03 AM
92 Integra Front Tire max-size?

r70/215s on back and would like to go similar in front. This is a junker and I am not concerned about the ability to align. I have 70/185s on front now and the front is is too low. I had 70/205s on front and it was ok. Seems that it originally had 60 series all around so I don't think that width is an issue. I know what Acura recommends but awhat I'm looking for is what size they start to rub walls at.. when the steering wheel is cut sharp.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-05, 06:23 AM
andyny02
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

Try paying a visit to a local tire shop, (ie: Goodyear, Firestone), and just go in like a regular customer looking to buy tires, and ask them what they say is the largest, since they deal with it every day, and with people putting all of the wild tire/rim combinations that has become the craze, they should know what will and what won't. The other side of the coin is if you have 215's on the back and they seem okay, just try putting them up front and the 185's on the back, and see how they feel as far as turning, if they don't rub or hit anywhere that might be the way to go, also having 4 wheels/tires the same size improves handling overall.

Old 11-07-05, 06:28 AM
andyny02
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

One more note on resources, call your local Acura dealer, again with the craze to the 16"-20" rim/tire combos, I'm sure they see quite a few different scenarios. I understand that you stated that this car is just a beater, but I would feel remiss if I didn't point out to you that for reasons of handling and safety, the manufacurer reccomends specific sozes to optimize the vehices specs, and safety. Good Luck

Old 11-07-05, 12:34 PM
Thanks, Good ideas!

Shoulda thoughta of that myself.........

Old 11-07-05, 08:49 PM
The largest tires that will not rub when you're driving around the parking lot is one thing. If your front end has any travel, you'll want to go into a hard turn and a dip at the same time. If you deviate much from factory recommendations, good chance they will rub.

If they don't rub too much, you may still use the larger tires. You will need to see where the tires rub. Then get a big hammer out and do some body work. Hopefully, there won't be anything mounted on the engine-side of the wheelwell.

Search this Thread