91 4runner iat & knock sensor errors need help!!!!

Old 11-08-05, 06:42 PM
lee_akins
Visiting Guest
91 4runner iat & knock sensor errors need help!!!!

91 4runner less than 5k on new motor.just started getting error code 24 and iat sensor/circuit and 52 knock sensor/circuit.have wrapped knock sensor wire with foil no change. check engine comes on @2rpm only under power not setting still. any thoughts please. also gets @12 mpg installed tornado for better air flow and k&n air filter no mpg change.thoughts?

Last edited by lee_akins; 11-08-05 at 06:52 PM. Reason: mpg
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-05, 04:36 PM
Code 24 make sure the plug is tight for the air flow meter.

71 you need a new sub harness and clean the knock sensor terminal under the intake manifold. Rule of thumb on that engine, when you remove intake you always replace sub harness and clean or replace knock sensor. Do it then or like yours take the manifold off and do it anyway.

12 mpg is all they get

Also make sure the grounds are tight on the pass side head.

Old 11-11-05, 05:32 PM
lee_akins
Visiting Guest
thank you will try these (!knock sensor is new along with wiring) this week light went off for 2 days then came back on. now still on but i'll give your suggestions try

Old 11-15-05, 03:06 PM
lee_akins
Visiting Guest
does anyone know what the sensor is under the pwr steering pump that has 2 vacum hoses to it my hoses are dissconnected and sensor? or thingamagig is broken. i need a new one but dont know what this is.
thank you

Old 11-15-05, 03:46 PM
It's a power steering idle up sensor. It by-pass's air around the throttle plate to raise idle speed under heavy PS operation