92 beretta brakes whistle

Old 11-09-05, 05:32 PM
sr71000
Visiting Guest
92 beretta brakes whistle

hey guys..i'm driving a 92 chevy beretta....was driving today when my break light came on....just put break fluid in it a few weeks ago but i think it's got a leak somewhere cus today it seemed like i have to floor the breaks to get any kinda response... now...when i hit the breaks...it whistles (i put more brake fluid in and i'm going to get more to fill it now. anyone have any idea what could be going wrong.

Kevin

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-05, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by sr71000
hey guys..i'm driving a 92 chevy beretta....was driving today when my break light came on....just put break fluid in it a few weeks ago but i think it's got a leak somewhere cus today it seemed like i have to floor the breaks to get any kinda response... now...when i hit the breaks...it whistles (i put more brake fluid in and i'm going to get more to fill it now. anyone have any idea what could be going wrong.

Kevin

See if you have brake fluid leaking from a caliper or wheel cylinder onto a rotor or drum. Obviously you need to get this fixed ASAP before something other than the brakes stops your car causing far more damage than the cost of the brake repair.
Bleed the brakes after fixing the problem or have them bled professionally to assure you get all the air out of the system.