Changing from 2bbl to 4bbl Carb on '82 F150

Old 11-11-05, 06:22 AM
DLS
Visiting Guest
Question Changing from 2bbl to 4bbl Carb on '82 F150

Any advise or warnings on how to do this. I understand I need a new manifold. What model Holley Carb should I look for? Type manifold? Is this a difficult job. I've installed water pumps, compressors, alternaters, this doesn't seem like it would be so difficult.
DLS

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-05, 08:34 AM
devildog
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up pretty simple

To do it right you would need to either put 4bbl heads on or have your heads worked and the valves replaced with the same right size valves for a 4bbl.But to just bolt on an eldebrock performer rpm intake and an eldebrock 600 cfm 4bbl carb with vcume secondaries(the 4bbl part) would probably result in decent proformance improvement.I say eldebrock carb because they are simpler and easier to tune. good luck

Old 11-26-05, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=devildog]To do it right you would need to either put 4bbl heads on or have your heads worked and the valves replaced with the same right size valves for a 4bbl.But to just bolt on an eldebrock performer rpm intake and an eldebrock 600 cfm 4bbl carb with vcume secondaries(the 4bbl part) would probably result in decent proformance improvement.I say eldebrock carb because they are simpler and easier to tune. good luck[/Quate
I second that.