1990 nissan maxima stalls w/ fast deceleration

Old 11-11-05, 02:26 PM
thku4grace
Visiting Guest
1990 nissan maxima stalls w/ fast deceleration

I'm trying to repair a 90 nissan maxima that stalls when the car decelerates too fast. We're not even talking about sudden stops here either. A couple of years ago it was diagnosed with a leaky fuel injector and has run rough since then. This problem may be the next stage to the original problem. Initially, I thought maybe raising the idle speed would help but haven't yet identified the ecu so I can close the AAC value before adjustment. Anyway, that's what Chilton's says to do. Perhaps, I'm wasting time here. I've already replaced the fuel filter due to ease of installation but haven't figured out what other stopgaps I can apply. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-05, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by thku4grace
I'm trying to repair a 90 nissan maxima that stalls when the car decelerates too fast. We're not even talking about sudden stops here either. A couple of years ago it was diagnosed with a leaky fuel injector and has run rough since then. This problem may be the next stage to the original problem. Initially, I thought maybe raising the idle speed would help but haven't yet identified the ecu so I can close the AAC value before adjustment. Anyway, that's what Chilton's says to do. Perhaps, I'm wasting time here. I've already replaced the fuel filter due to ease of installation but haven't figured out what other stopgaps I can apply. Anyone have any suggestions?
Need to scan the computer for error codes. Run a can of Seafoam through the gas tank and see if that helps your injector problem. Can get it at NAPA/CarQuest. If you truely have a leaky injector than that needs to be fixed first before you diagnose further. www.seafoamsales.com

Old 11-13-05, 05:27 PM
jeherrin
Visiting Guest
I had a similar problem that was corrected with a Throttle Position sensor. I'm not sure if your even has one of these, but I'll throw it out there.