Gus

Old 11-20-05, 07:52 AM
Gus
Question Gus

I just bought a new 2005 Freestyle Ford and I they mentiond that on my first change of oil I should use SYNTEC OIL BY MOBIL. THAT WILL HELP TO RUN THE CAR BETTER, also tat on my 2001 Explorer that in my next change I should use the SYNTEC OIL , half and half the present oil and on the next 3000 mile change to use all SYNTEC OIL, could you help me on this. Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-05, 08:25 AM
Who is 'they'?... the dealer?... the manufacturer?... or the guy next door?

It's good to see someone take an interest in maintaining their car. While the car is in warranty, use what the manufacturer recommends. After that, there are many different ways to manage oil maintenance. Oil maintenance is the most hotly debated topic on any auto forum.

What climate do you live in and what style of driving do you do... short trips or lots of freeway driving?

Old 11-20-05, 03:37 PM
Gus
Angry Car Maintenance Oil Changes

Originally Posted by Kestas
Who is 'they'?... the dealer?... the manufacturer?... or the guy next door?

It's good to see someone take an interest in maintaining their car. While the car is in warranty, use what the manufacturer recommends. After that, there are many different ways to manage oil maintenance. Oil maintenance is the most hotly debated topic on any auto forum.

What climate do you live in and what style of driving do you do... short trips or lots of freeway driving?
The reason it was mentioned is only as an advise because the car is new, my driving is average few long trips, also I like to change the oil myself and I am trying to find if is okay to do it.

Old 11-20-05, 07:02 PM
use mobil one, true synthetic oil..... syntec is just highly refined dewaxed regular oil, its a good oil, but not worth the money when you can get true synthetic....pennzoil has their syn, thats mostly true syn oil, redline, amsoil as well. the rest that say "full synthetic, is most likely group 3 synthetic oils like syntec. they must've gotten it mixed with castrols oil...... anyway, mobil one is mobil one...... with "supersyn technology". seems they also told you half and half, they are rather new engines, synthetic is fully compatible to use, just switch right to it. if you do alot of long trip driving....... 3,000 mile myth oil changes is a waste on synthetic. extend it out to what the warranty allows. if it doesn't allow it, wait till it expires then switch. synthetics don't sludge as easy, far less prone to it, and oxidization, keeps the engine clean and healthier basically. what is your idea of long trips?and also one of the best places to get mobil one is walmart.
also see its a ford freestyle, i beleive those cars had a recall on the gas tanks straps, they may break. make sure its been done