Replacing tail light bulb Nissan Murano

Old 11-21-05, 11:11 AM
dlaterza
Visiting Guest
Replacing tail light bulb Nissan Murano

The manual says to contact a Nissan dealer to replace the bulb in my 2003 Nissan Murano's tail light. Is that really necessary? Is it difficult? Can someone give me instructions on how to do it myself?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-08, 11:39 AM
murano brake light

Did anyone answer this ? I have the same situation.

Old 09-06-08, 10:38 AM
No you don't have to go to a dealer. I have removed the taillight assemblies multiple times because we still have no taillights. Good fuses, good bulbs, but no taillights.

Anyways - near the edge of the light assembly there is a black plastic strip approximately 1" by 14". It is held on by a kind of post and snap sort of thing. The plastis will bend quite a bit, but I used a long screwdriver to slide underneath and help pop the snap. There are 2 if I remember right. Then a 10mm socket to remove the top and bottom bolt heads you see. You don't need to remove the middle 2. Then - and this was a little scary for me - you need to pop the assembly out. The snaps here are stronger and it really seemed like something was going to break. So far nothing has. Hope it helps!

Old 09-06-08, 05:49 PM
Also - I just found this today. There is a 3rd fuse box that is not discussed anything in our owners manual. It is located in the engine compartment, passenger side right next to the antifreeze overflow container. It doesn't say anything, but there will be a fuse in there that is only for the taillights.

Old 09-08-09, 05:56 PM
Nissan murano 2003 stop light replacement

I have replaced 2003 nissan murano stop light following instruction provided by hms365 below , I was able to complete it.

thanks for info

here is the pictures I took

last picture, circle in blue indicate snap in studs, one of them on the top have to be rotated to match the oblong hole to put it back.

as hms365 ( look for his detail instruction ) says once remove those 2 10mm screw nuts, pull directly straight backward ( do not wiggle ) with loud click, they come off.

Old 02-27-10, 02:50 PM
You guys ROCK!!!

Hey, thanks to everyone for posting directions and taking the time to post pictures. I just replaced the bulb on my '04 Murano and this made it so easy. I can't believe they don't put instructions to change a bulb in the owner's manual anymore! Jeez, do they think we're morons?

Old 06-09-10, 08:46 AM
Murano brake light

Followiing the posted instructions I changed the brake light in about 15 minutes.......had to look for the 10mm socket. Thanks for the great info, all I would add is it is worthwhile changing all three bulbs once you have the assembly apart.

Old 06-09-10, 03:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Most competent oil change places should do that for you for about $5 if you are pressed for time. At least that is the pricing in my area. Found out when I had a bulb I couldn't access withhout fear of breaking something.

Old 04-27-11, 10:29 AM

I have replaced 2003 nissan murano stop light following instruction provided by hms365 below , I was able to complete it.

thanks for info

here is the pictures I took

last picture, circle in blue indicate snap in studs, one of them on the top have to be rotated to match the oblong hole to put it back.

as hms365 ( look for his detail instruction ) says once remove those 2 10mm screw nuts, pull directly straight backward ( do not wiggle ) with loud click, they come off.