95 Ply NEON Headlamps (both) won't go on

Old 11-22-05, 11:07 AM
danw
Visiting Guest
95 Ply NEON Headlamps (both) won't go on

I checked the fuses for each, they're both good. I just replaced the lamp on the driver side last month, what'r the odds they've both gone out? I don't have a repair manual for this thing, just got it, but is there a relay that could be out too? Anyone know which one it might be if so??

Old 11-23-05, 02:29 AM
ASEPartsman
Visiting Guest
There is no relay in this system. See if you are getting power to the headlights with a multimeter or a test light. If not they trace wiring back to see where you stop getting power. Trace it back to the dimmer switch, and then the headlight switch.

Old 11-23-05, 08:14 AM
danw
Visiting Guest
Thanks for your reply, another Q

I'm no handyman/electrician, and don't have a test light, but will get one....until then, here's what I did do.....there is a 40amp fuse under the hood marked for headlamps, but it didn't look burnt apart....did have some black on the legs though, and I cleaned those up....also has some black inside the glass on the metal part. I put it back in, and the headlamps came on when I turned the switch on! I though, oh okay, we're good. But this morning I went out and turned them on and nothing. I pulled the fuse up again and reinserted, nothing. I'm going to buy an new 40amp today and see if that's the deal, but do you have any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks for your time!

Old 11-23-05, 09:47 AM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I check fuses with a VOM. Get one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: