Do MANY Hondas pull to the right?

Old 11-28-05, 09:48 AM
Do MANY Hondas pull to the right?

I have a 2001 Honda Accord that is severely pulling to the right. We had it alligned and have rotated the tires but the problem still persists. I have found that there are a lot of complaints about Hondas pulling to the right on the internet. Can anyone give me a clue about what's going on?

Perhaps some things to check to get me started on the right track? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-05, 08:54 PM
Group Moderator
First thing that leepd to my mind was crash damage. Have you had it since new and ever been wrecked? If you bought it used did you happen to do a CarFax check on it? Might be worth checking.

Old 11-28-05, 09:24 PM
lf8828
Visiting Guest
Torque Steer

Does It Pull Under Acceleration And Coast Or Just Acceleration. If It Does It Only During Acceleration It Is Called Torque Steer I See This Alot With Front Wheel Drive Cars.

Old 11-29-05, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the responses. It pulls only during cruise - acceleration is not a problem. The higher the cruise speed, the worse the problem.

I have had it since it was new but, yes, it has been wrecked. But the problem has not like this ever since it was wrecked - only relatively recently, which leads me to think it's something else.

Old 11-29-05, 06:34 AM
Group Moderator
Might be worth checking with a body shop anyway even though it performed okay after the previous repair work.

Old 12-10-05, 07:52 AM
Alignment Issues?

I would first make sure your tires are inflated per the door jamb sticker, and then have it professionally aligned again. Perhaps the alignment tech missed or never adjusted front Caster. I work on Toyotas, and don't know if Hondas have Front Caster Adjustability, but have seen Caster being out as a cause of a wandering or pulling vehicle. That's my input. Hope this helps