Brakes

Old 11-30-05, 06:04 AM
Unhappy Brakes

I have a 94 toyota camry with a 3L V6. I recently replaced the back brake pads on this car(disc brakes). Today I went out to drive and noticed there is brake fluid leaking from the car, it seems to be coming from somewhere around the right front tire but I cant tell exacly where. Can someone tell me what is there that I need to check. My brakes are gone and there is no fluid in the reservoir under the hood. HELP HELP!!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-05, 07:39 AM
My first thought would be to stick you head under the car and check the rubber brake line to the wheel nearest the puddle.

Old 11-30-05, 11:44 AM
Actually that was my problem the rubber hose split in a hard to find spot. Now that the leak is gone, I topped off the fluid but i still have no brakes so my next step should be what?

Thanks

Old 11-30-05, 11:57 AM
Assuming you replaced the damaged hose, did you bleed the entire brake system after you completed the repair? If not, you most probably have air in your lines which must be bled out before you can have any reliable brakes.

Old 11-30-05, 12:01 PM
gone?

The only way it could be gone is to REPLACE the hose.I would replace both of them.Then you need to bleed the system.By running the resavouir dry you now have air all in the system.
Buy a big bottle of brake fluid get one of your friends to help and bleed the system.