1992 Dodge Caravan no heat

Old 11-28-05, 12:46 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
1992 Dodge Caravan no heat

I'm trying to fix the heater on a 1992 Dodge Caravan. I tested all the door actuators and the water valve and they worked as advertised. The temperature control moves full travel without binding and I can hear it close at max cool. I checked the thermostat and it was good. I disconnected one of the heater core hoses and attached a garden hose and water flowed through the core and the engine and out the disconnected hose. I still have zero heat coming out. Any ideas what is wrong?

Old 11-29-05, 10:03 AM
X2C
Visiting Guest
Its possible that you might have a air pocket in the cooling system try running it fo a while without the radiator cap on and see if that helps if not they mak a fitting to go in to the heater hose w/ a shrader valve to release to bleed the system of air.Ran it to this before.

Old 11-30-05, 07:12 PM
S
spells

You may wanna check your rad cap again see if its holding pressure in the system and check the hoses in and out of the heater core to see if one is not too much hotter than the next.

Old 12-02-05, 04:51 PM
F
does the engine warm up to operating temperature pretty quickly? Does it ever seem to run hotter than usual? What engine does your van have in it?

Old 12-06-05, 10:42 AM
G
After eliminating all other causes, I changed the heater core. I now have heat.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: