changing fuel filter

Old 11-30-05, 06:20 PM
changing fuel filter

hi everyone,
i a newbie to repairing my car. i have a 2001 Nissan Altima. i have already changed the oil, the air filter, spark plugs and now i'm trying to change the fuel filter, i cant get the tubing off the old filter to put the new one in place
Any suggestions. also i was thinkin bout changing the front brake pads but the screws wont budge either?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-05, 07:53 AM
X2C
Visiting Guest
Are the fuel line threaded in or does it look like they hav a plastic clip or does it have flare end at the end.Because the flared ends and the plastic clips requirer a speacial tool that you can get at the local parts store , if they thread in its easier to use the flare wrenches to keep from rounding the nuts. The screws that you are talking about are those for the rotors or are you talking about the caliper bolts.

Old 12-01-05, 09:03 AM
I'm having the same trouble with the caliper bolts. They just absolutely refuse to budge on my 03 Mazda Protege5. Help!!!!

Old 12-01-05, 10:09 AM
On the caliper bolts - make sure you are turning them in the right direction - we have all done that - I use a socket wrench with allen head for my vehicle and tap it with a rubber hammer.