87 Ford F-150 Won't Start

Old 12-01-05, 07:05 AM
slurpy1088
Visiting Guest
87 Ford F-150 Won't Start

I have an 87 Ford F-150 4WD 300 6 cyl. engine. 3 months ago the whole distribitor was replaced along with the ignition coil module that bolts into the side of the distribitor. Well the truck is down again. It was driving fine, then all of a sudden it started to spit and sputter. When it would spit and sputter it would also hunch. the truck made it back home and now it will not start. Fuel is getting everywhere that it needs to. There was no fire coming from the coil, so I replaced the coil and still no fire. There is no fire coming out of the distribitor( i think). I have no clue what to check next. I also do know that the rotor button on the distribitor is spinning when the engine is being cranked. I hope that someone can tell what the problem is. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-05, 07:45 AM
X2C
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by slurpy1088
I have an 87 Ford F-150 4WD 300 6 cyl. engine. 3 months ago the whole distribitor was replaced along with the ignition coil module that bolts into the side of the distribitor. Well the truck is down again. It was driving fine, then all of a sudden it started to spit and sputter. When it would spit and sputter it would also hunch. the truck made it back home and now it will not start. Fuel is getting everywhere that it needs to. There was no fire coming from the coil, so I replaced the coil and still no fire. There is no fire coming out of the distribitor( i think). I have no clue what to check next. I also do know that the rotor button on the distribitor is spinning when the engine is being cranked. I hope that someone can tell what the problem is. PLEASE HELP!!!!
You might want to check out the ignition module.

Old 12-10-05, 06:10 PM
slurpy1088
Visiting Guest
We have put a New coil and ignition module on it and NO LUCK!!!!

Search this Thread