Brake ?

Old 12-08-05, 07:14 AM
Do It Over Don
Visiting Guest
Brake ?

Just has a weird brake problem the other day on my 95 Neon. I have a long commute (70miles one way) to work and I exited the highway to get gas. Stop at the end of the ramp, set of lights, at the pump, and back onto the highway with no brake problems and everything feeling normal. Come to my exit and step on the pedal and the first pump feels normal, then after that they got real hard and didn't slow me down much. Used the e-brake to stop and pull off the road. Same thing when I tested on the side of the road. 1st pump felt normal, but if I let up and tried again, the pedal was real hard. Once the pedal was feeling hard and I held it, it would slowly depress. The next day they are working normal.

The only thing I can think of is that when I stopped for gas snow or water got to the brakes and froze when I got back on the highway. Temps have been in the teens all week. Then after getting home and sitting in the driveway it melted again and was gone the next morning.

Old 12-08-05, 05:53 PM
Negoshe8n
Visiting Guest
Sounds like the vacuum line coming from the brake booster is cracked or more likely loose, or the power brake booster is going bad.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: