help! removal of water pump 1996 ford explorer

Old 12-11-05, 09:55 AM
gloria3
Visiting Guest
help! removal of water pump 1996 ford explorer

Help! I need help removing a water pump on a 1996 ford explorer. I keep putting water in the radiator and it leaks, so is that the water pump that needs replacing? This is what it does, pops the cap off of water reserve?? All water comes out?? Do i need thermostat or water pump? Also if i do need new thermostat where can i loacte it? Is there a diagarm on any website of the 1996 ford explorer? Also should i be able to get to the water pump? PLEASE HELP DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-05, 02:03 PM
First, we need clarification of the problem. From where is the coolant leaking? Why do you want to change the water pump? From the information you gave, I'm guessing coolant is either leaking from the water pump weep hole or puking on its own from the coolant overflow reservoir.

"A problem well defined is a problem half-solved" -- Kettering

Old 12-11-05, 03:09 PM
could be lots of stuff

Dont assume it is water pump.From what I can figure out you say it pukes water out of the overflow.You have several things that can cause this radiatior.thermostat,water pump,Radiaitor cap.
you need to solve the problem with some thought.Does car overheat?does it overheat driving or sitting?lA little more info is required .