Car Door Problem

Old 12-11-05, 10:20 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Car Door Problem

Hello all and Season's Greetings.I have a 1990 Lexus ES250 2.5 V-6 with Power everything. I live in a small virtually crime free town, and don't lock my doors. The other night I went to pick up some beer, and parked next to some " questionable " people sitting in their car, so I locked my doors. When I got back out into the parking lot I tried to turn my key, and it was very hard to turn. I can't get into my driver's door, and when I am inside the driver's door wont open out. I bought the car, and the passenger door would only open from the inside. It's very Embarrasing to have to get in the passenger side, and slide over into the drivers seat. How do you get a door to open that wont open in or out? What about the passanger side how do you fix that? Any help is very much appreciated.

Old 12-11-05, 01:51 PM
K
I guess you're assuming somebody fiddled with your door. They probably tried a slim jim and boogered up the insides of the door. (Look for scratches in the glass).

Regardless, the way I would attack the problem with each door is to take off the interior door panels and examine the workings inside the door. Usually the problem presents itself at that point.

Don't ignore this problem. Lack of quick egress from the driver's door can be a potential safety hazard.

Let us know what you find.

Old 12-11-05, 02:34 PM
M
lube

You need to lube door linkage use graphite in door lock and a good lube like LPS-2 on the door rods and such.
You will have to remove inside panel to get to them.

Old 12-11-05, 05:04 PM
B
I have already lubed the lock cylinders with PB blaster, and that helped move the key easier, but will have to pull the door panels too

Old 12-11-05, 05:26 PM
K
PB Blaster is not a good lube for general application. It's designed to help free rusted fasteners and dries to nothing in about a few days.

Old 12-12-05, 11:02 PM
B
I dont know what I was thinking when I said PB Blaster I used WD. I know that PB dries out to nothing. Sorry for the typo. I still have yet to find time to pull the panels. gonna be a tight one with the door not being able to open Thank you all for your help

Old 12-13-05, 06:44 AM
I
Are you sure it's not due to a combination of the cold and lack of lubrication? Where did this happen (I assume a cold location)?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: