Cruise Control

Old 12-12-05, 05:37 PM
Cruise Control

2000 Buick LeSabre. The on/off button on the steering wheel won't engage the cruise control unless I hold it in. Is this a mechanical problem with the button or is this an electrical problem like a latching relay somewhere that would couse this problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-05, 06:50 AM
My Ford does not use any relay. I would have to think that GM doesn't either but if you had the factory service manual it should answer all of your questions.

Old 12-15-05, 12:59 PM
Yeah right, if I had the factory service manual I wouldn't have posted the question in the first place.

Old 12-17-05, 04:31 PM
Oh yeah!! The cruise control on/off switches are junk on the Lesabres. I work at a Buick dealer, and replace at least 2 switches a day. Go to your dealer and get one. They are very easy to replace. Take a small pocket screw driver and pop the switch out of the steering wheel. Disconnect the connector, reconnect it to the new switch, and push the new switch back into the steering wheel. Less than a 1 minute job!

Old 12-26-05, 05:44 PM
Thanks Mr Dummas, I will swap out the cruise on/off switch. Here is another Le Sabre question. The red light comes on the dash to indicate the seat belt is not fastened even when it is fastened. Is there an easy cure for this?

Old 12-26-05, 06:18 PM
It may be the buckle, or the harness from the buckle. It could also be the instrument cluster as well. I have seen a few harnesses come unplugged from the power seat track hitting them. Check the connection under the seat first. It should be a black connector with 2 black wires.

Search this Thread