Head Lamp Issues

Old 12-15-05, 08:16 AM
jhines613
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Head Lamp Issues

I have a 1991 Nissan Pathfinder. The passenger head lamp went out. I tried replacing the head lamp, didn't work. I tried replacing the head lamp socket, didn't work. I then bought a new head lamp, didn't work. I check all of my fuses on the fuse panel, all were good. Any suggestions as to what the heck is wrong?

Old 12-15-05, 09:21 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
voltage?

Do you have a multimeter or a test light? If not you will need one get a cheap digital multimeter from radio shack and see if you have voltage at the connector.
If not I would look for broken wires along the harrness worst case it could be your switch.
That is were to start.

Old 12-15-05, 04:23 PM
I think you have a bad head light switch, does your high beams works?, check all fuses first, if they're all good, I think your head light switch is bad.

Old 12-15-05, 05:47 PM
If it were a bad headlamp switch then none of the headlamps would work. But since you have one that is functioning properly then I would check for power and ground on the wires at the socket and go backward from there until you find the broken wire.
Hope this helps ya,
Billy

Old 12-16-05, 09:30 AM
Not exactly, it's Nissan and they use different type of head light switch compare to domestic, they're left and right "channels" and also low and high "channels". I've seen enough of Nissan head light problem, if the bulb is OK and other side is working, most of time head light switch is bad.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: