98 chev venture airbag light

Old 12-20-05, 10:58 AM
G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 chev venture airbag light

Hi,
Just wondering why the airbag light is coming on... It goes out sometimes but comes back on.. Is it something I should have checked or just something simple... No accidents with this vehicle.. just about a month ago it came on..
Thanks
Gord

Old 12-20-05, 12:42 PM
if its going on and off i wouldn't say its the fuse but you could look, if its good i would take it in and see why its coming on.

Old 12-20-05, 08:34 PM
M
If your van has side impact air bags, more than likely the cause is becuase of a bad connection under the seat. It is very typical on these vans. We just unplug the yellow connector, and then plug it back in and assure it is seated properly. I do advise you take it to a shop and have them pull the dtc from the SIR system to verify. I also do believe there is a service bulletin out for this issue as well. Tampering with the SIR system is best left for trained technicians, I also advise you leave it up to a tech to repair the problem, or just live with the condition.

Old 12-20-05, 09:01 PM
G
Appreciate the replies... I will take it in the new year to have it checked.. I just thought the way it flickered sometimes on and off it might have been a loose connection somewhere but I have no idea where to look for that... no side airbags in this vehicle..
Again thanks for the replies
Gord

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: