97 T-bird Question

Old 12-24-05, 11:55 AM
Terrihak
Visiting Guest
Red face 97 T-bird Question

Can I put Marvel MYSTERY OIL IN MY CAR?? IT HAS ABOUT 127,500 MILES AND THE OWNERS MANUEL SAYS NO ADDITIVES. IT IS HARD TO START ON COLD MORNINGS.....THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE!
AS A SWF, I AM GETTING A LOT OF BULL FROM MECHANICS
TERRI

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-05, 12:39 PM
BuzzCut
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by Terrihak
Can I put Marvel MYSTERY OIL IN MY CAR?? IT HAS ABOUT 127,500 MILES AND THE OWNERS MANUEL SAYS NO ADDITIVES. IT IS HARD TO START ON COLD MORNINGS.....THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE!
AS A SWF, I AM GETTING A LOT OF BULL FROM MECHANICS
TERRI
MMM won't hurt anything and your vague description of your trouble could be many things. Elaborate a little more.

Old 12-25-05, 06:53 AM
were

Were do you want to put it in the gas tank I assume.I had a friend put it in his car gas tank for a very long time with no problems.
Just do not over do it a little wont hurt a few ounces are ok.I dont think it will help starting problems but it will help lube the valves.Maybe it will help the fuel injectors give it a shot.

Old 12-25-05, 09:30 AM
its a top end lube, valves, and all, helps with the fuel pump too, it also over time, cleans the top end up, as for in the oil, wouldn't hurt...... though i'd just use it in the gas... if its hard to start, put the biggest cold cranking amp battery you can in it, and use a thinner cold weight oil, like say if your using 10w-30, use 5w-30. as for its many uses, buy a bottle, directions on the back, its pretty good stuff, just doesn't do much but thin the oil out (does clean the engine though) they sell the 32 ouncers pretty cheap at walmart....