97 jimmy headlight question

Old 12-29-05, 07:08 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 jimmy headlight question

I went to change the passenger side headlight and it doesn't want to turn.This is the first time I have ever put new bulbs in this particular car. So, I took the drivers side apart. The bulb turned real easy and came right out. Then I went back to the passengers side and it doesn't appear to have slots for the 3 prongs on the light bulb to slide through. I did notice 2 torque bit screws in the ring outside the bulb. I removed 1 the other one seems pretty hard to get to. This seems like alot of trouble to change a light bulb. Is this a GM practical joke or am I on the wrong track. Please help.

Thanks

Old 12-29-05, 07:39 PM
CRBENDER
Visiting Guest
97 B ast*** year for lights

Does your Jimmy have sealed beams or H inserts, 97 had both, if it's sealed beams, must be rust on the screws and try spraying with a good penetrant like PB Blaster. If it's H-beams, they should come out from the engine compartment with a push-in and twist motion( Counter-clockwise).

L.O.L.
CB

Old 12-31-05, 05:49 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has h inserts not sealed beams as the drivers side has the three slots and comes out with a twist. I don't undrestand why the passenger side is different. But, it is. I've changed several headlights over the years, but none like this. Do some of these h inserts have a metal ring with a couple T15 screws or what? Thanks for any input.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: